The candidate will work on a core team to manage supplier development initiatives in his geographical area. The focus will be on improving supplier quality, supplier on-time delivery, support supply chain strategies, etc.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Partner with key suppliers to pursue continuous improvement, problem solving, waste elimination with the objective of improving performance to the customers business units.
- Implement proactive and reactive strategies and tools to drive performance improvements in the supply base.
- Drive problem resolution process at supplier, incl. ability to lead problem solving teams
- Provide supplier quality and delivery oversight, analysis, and performance tracking
- Lead the implementation of quality clinics and supplier gold at suppliers
- Perform capacity assessments at Suppliers on behalf of the UTAS business units.
- Perform PPAP on site validation at suppliers.
- Develop and execute action plans to address opportunities in supply base
- Analyze strategic quality and delivery performance data
- Report results to the internal customers at various levels of the organization.
- involve internal customers in problem resolution when needed.
- Contribute to the advancement of tools and techniques in the Supplier Performance teams
- 4 - 6 years experience minimum in manufacturing, quality or engineering
- ACE or equivalent certification in Six Sigma and/or Lean preferred
- Significant experience in manufacturing and quality operations
- Experience with assessing supplier capability, applying lean manufacturing and value stream mapping
- Experience with Advanced Quality Planning tools (such as FMEAs, Control Plans, PPAPs, etc), and ability to assure implementation within the supply base
- Experience with capacity analysis and production readiness tools.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and complete multiple projects and objectives, simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work under different timelines and to manage in parallel short term imperatives and long term strategies
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and ability to influence individuals and groups
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience with ISO-9001 and/or AS9100 requirements; QS9000, ISO13485, TS-16949, a plus
- Knowledge of theory and application of statistical concepts
- In depth knowledge of quality systems, policies, procedures, and ability to apply them to supplier requirements