Customer has a need for an experienced Quality Engineer based at their supplier in Kelso.
Duties will include:
- Generation and implementation of Quality plans to meet Customer requirements
- Drive product and process non-conformance investigations and associated root cause analysis activities including concession management
- Manage and host Customer audits and source inspection activities
- Ensure inspection process adherence and associated physical and document sign-off of product prior to despatch.
- Manage Quality escapes and Customer investigations.
- Quality metrics tracking to meet set targets, and implementation of Quality improvement initiatives.
- Proven Quality experience operating in EN9100, EN9110, TickIT Plus, EASA Part-21(G) & EASA Part-145 environments.
- Proven background in Quality Assurance and thorough understanding of Quality tools and techniques
- Quality Planning – ability to effectively flow down Customer specific requirements and ensuring capture of all quality requirements relating to the achievement of product compliance
- Excellent root cause analysis and corrective action understanding, including use of lean tools such as 8D, and DFMEA / PFMEA.
- Sound electro-mechanical engineering background and associated inspection knowledge.
- Attention to detail and methodical approach
- Self starter with a desire for problem solving and process improvement
- Professional conduct and good communication skills to influence both internally and externally.